Baby Huey's Addison Movers
Addison is an incorporated town in Dallas County, Texas, in the United States. Addison is situated to the immediate north of the city of Dallas. The town’s population was 13,056 at the 2010 census. Addison and Flower Mound were the only two Texas municipalities labeled “towns” with a population greater than 10,000 in the 2010 census; since then the municipalities of Prosper and Trophy Club, also identifying as towns, have also exceeded 10,000 in population estimates. Addison is best-known within the Dallas–Fort Worth–Arlington metroplex region for its abundance of restaurants and nightlife.
The land occupied by Addison was settled as early as 1846 when Preston Witt built a house near White Rock Creek. In 1902 the community named itself Addison, after Addison Robertson, who served as postmaster from 1908 to 1916. The first industry was a cotton gin, opening in 1902 on Addison Road.
The community was formerly known as Noell Junction after settler Sidney Smith Noell, after whom Noel Road and Knoll Trail are named.
The City of Addison was incorporated on June 15, 1953. The first mayor of Addison was M. W. Morris, and the aldermen were Guy Dennis, Robert W. Wood, J. E. Julian, Jr., Dr. H. T. Nesbit, and Seldon Knowles. In 1982 the name was changed to “Town of Addison.”