Baby Huey's Frisco Movers
Frisco is a city in Collin and Denton counties in Texas. It is part of the Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex, and is approximately 25 miles from both Dallas Love Field and Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. The city population was 116,989 at the 2010 census. The 2019 Census estimate placed the city population at 200,490. Frisco was the fastest-growing city in the United States in 2017, and also the fastest-growing city in the nation from 2000 to 2009. In the late 1990s, the northern Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex suburban development tide hit the northern border of Plano and spilled into Frisco, sparking rapid growth into the 2000s. Like many of the cities in the northern suburbs of Dallas, Frisco serves as a bedroom community for professionals who work in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. Since 2003, Frisco has received the designation Tree City USA by the National Arbor Day Foundation.
When the Dallas area was being settled by American pioneers, many of the settlers traveled by wagon trains along the Shawnee Trail. This trail became the Preston Trail, and later, Preston Road. With all of this activity, the community of Lebanon was founded along this trail, and was granted a U.S. post office in 1860. In 1902, a line of the St. Louis-San Francisco Railway was being built through the area, and periodic watering stops were needed along the route for the steam locomotives. The current settlement of Lebanon was on the Preston Ridge and was therefore too high in elevation, so the watering stop was placed about four miles (6 km) to the west on lower ground. A community grew around this train stop. Some residents of Lebanon actually moved their houses to the new community on logs. The new town was originally named Emerson, but the U.S. Postal Service rejected the name as being too similar to another town in Texas. In 1904, the town’s residents chose “Frisco City” in honor of the St. Louis–San Francisco Railway. This name was later shortened to Frisco.
Later, in 1978, the first season of Dallas was filmed at Frisco’s Cloyce Box Ranch (now the Brinkmann Ranch), where the house on site was used as the Ewing family home. This house burned down during renovations in 1987, and the steel skeleton of the house still stands on today’s Brinkmann Ranch, now the largest family owned estate in Frisco.
The distinctive Frisco coat of arms is based on the St. Louis-San Francisco Railway’s logo.